Barney Trucking is currently looking for a Service Writer/Parts Coordinator for our St. George, Utah location.
Barney Trucking started in 1947 with one truck and a dream. 70 years later, we load a truck every three minutes, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year with the help of over 500 outstanding employees in five states.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the supervision of the Service Manager and Parts Manager.
- Using excellent customer service skills, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees.
- Assists the Service Manager in prioritizing, scheduling, and assigning routine and emergency repair service for company vehicles.
- Coordinates outside vehicle repair work with vendors as needed.
- Responds to requests for field service/repairs, i.e., in the event of emergency breakdowns.
- Make sure the required maintenance jobs are being completed on all equipment that is serviced. This includes grease and oil changes, annual inspections and all other scheduled maintenance jobs.
- Generates work orders for vehicles requiring repair or maintenance, inputs data into the computer system, and finalizes work orders upon completion of the jobs.
- Reviews work orders for accuracy in labor hours, mechanic’s notes and parts used prior to completing work orders.
- Responsible for checking on the status of open work orders and updates the status to “complete” as jobs are finished, including in-house and vendor repair orders.
- Assigns work to service technicians throughout the shift and provides guidance and direction to the mechanics and is responsible for prioritizing jobs and the efficiency and maximum utilization of available labor hours.
- Interacts with drivers in person and over the telephone to assist in resolving issues and scheduling repairs/services
- Provides customer service duties including keeping customers (Drivers and Driver Managers) informed of the status of their repair/service work. This includes end of shift notes.
- Keep assigned work area clean and orderly.
- Parts inventory control including monitoring and maintaining inventory levels.
- Assist in researching and ordering parts from outside vendors and manufacturers.
- Place orders, receive orders, and re-stock parts.
- Distribute parts to service technicians and document accordingly.
- Keep parts inventory documentation organized and thorough.
- Order and distribute supplies to the operations team as needed.
- May serve on various employee committees as required and assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
This position is subject to the Company’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Program which includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return-to-duty testing, and follow-up testing.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT PASS A DRUG SCREENING.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and specialized training in mechanics, maintenance management, or a closely related field; or any combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of heavy truck and trailer mechanics including maintenance and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of or the ability to acquire information of standardized automotive labor repair times.
- Ability to type 30 wpm or at a rate sufficient to perform duties of job.
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally or written.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other Company personnel and the public.
Personal Time Off (PTO) days
Health Savings Account (HSA)
6 Paid Holidays
401K with employer contribution
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Position: $40K-$50K DOE
Location: St George, UT